TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It is understood that the client is aware that they provide us with the material for a project for which they own the rights and permission to publish. The client undertakes not to harm, as well as that they will legally defend the company and the employees to whom they supplied the material if it comes to the legal process in which the basis of the copyright is infringed. The book material that the client provides must not be a public domain work unless the client is the original author.
2. All client information and materials used in the design process are considered confidential. All information and materials of the client will be used exclusively for the purpose of completing the project, and they will not be shared with a third party, except on the client's request.
3. All correspondence from and to MoorBooks Design will be conducted via e-mail or moorbooksdesign.com website.
4. We design custom ebook covers, paperback print covers, and additional materials without payment in advance, except some specific cases when the client will be notified in advance. We have four main custom design packages: EBOOK, EBOOK & PRINT, EBOOK + ANIMATION, and EBOOK & PRINT + ANIMATION.
Within the EBOOK package, the price includes a complete design of the ebook cover, a stock photo STANDARD license, a high-resolution JPEG file, and 3d renders.
Within the EBOOK & PRINT package, the price includes a complete design of the ebook cover and the paperback print (spine and back cover) design, a stock photo STANDARD license, a high-resolution JPEG file, print-ready PDF and 3d renders (both for ebook and paperback print covers).
Within the EBOOK + ANIMATION package, the price includes a complete design of ebook cover and ebook animation design, a stock photo STANDARD license, a high-resolution JPEG file, GIF image, MOV file, and ebook 3d renders.
Within the EBOOK & PRINT + ANIMATION package, the price includes a complete design of the ebook cover, the paperback print (spine and back cover) design and an ebook animation design, a stock photo STANDARD license, a high-resolution JPEG file, print-ready PDF, GIF image, MOV file, and 3d renders (both for ebook and paperback print covers).
If there’s a need for more than one character on the cover, each new character will be charged additionally.
5. Our company designs and sells premade eBook covers. Premade eBook cover needs to be paid in advance. Price includes an upload-ready eBook cover, text change (author’s name, book title, etc.), a stock photo STANDARD license, a high-resolution JPEG file, and two 3D renders.
Premade covers (or any other MoorBooks Design covers) can’t be sent without any text. The necessary eBook text information is the author’s name and book title. Premades can be purchased even if the client doesn’t have the necessary text information at the moment of buying. The premade will be reserved for the client until the client sends the necessary ebook text information. When the client provides us with the necessary ebook text information, final files will be sent to the client.
Additional changes on the art or drastic font changes are charged additionally, depending on the requested changes.
When a client purchases a premade cover, it is possible for the client to also order additional material such as a paperback print and animation design.
6. Additional promo material - lower prices for online and print promo material are valid only if the items are ordered under promo material packages which are listed on PRICES section on our website. Additional material cannot be ordered without previously purchased main custom design package or a premade cover done by our company.
7. Additional material items, if ordered separately from the package, have their own full prices. These additional material are paperback print, ebook animation, online promotional material, print promotional material. The price includes additional material design, high-resolution upload-ready JPEG, PNG, GIF or MOV files, print-ready PDF files and a stock photo STANDARD license (new photos only for teasers). Certain templates, dimensions or text should be provided by the client. Additional material design is done based on the original design of the eBook cover adapted for text placement. New design concept for additional material is possible for teasers, in a way where one new image can used per teaser as it is, with basic adjustment of color and contrast.
8. Additional paperback print template adaptations for more than one printing platforms (e.g. Ingram Spark and Amazon KDP), will be charged additionally according to prices listed on our website.
9. If the client does not have all the necessary paperback print information for creating a print-ready file, EBOOK & PRINT and EBOOK & PRINT + ANIMATION packages can still be ordered. A temporary substitution will be provided in a form of a digital paperback (JPEG file with a front cover, spine, and back cover art design), and it will be adapted and sent to the client once they provide us with the final paperback print information with no additional cost.
10. Additional material items that can be ordered exclusively separately from the main custom design packages or premade covers are:
Audiobook Cover - the price includes the audiobook cover adaptation and a high-resolution JPEG file. The original design of the ebook cover is used.
Title Page/Title on Transparent Background - the price includes the title page design and a high-resolution JPEG file (color and B&W) / title on transparent background adaptation and final PNG file.
Box Set Existing Design - the price includes the art of the already designed cover (a stock photo STANDARD license), new title design, a high-resolution JPEG file and box set 3d renders design.
Box Set Collage - the price includes the art of the already designed covers (a stock photo STANDARD license), collage design, new title design, a high-resolution JPEG file and box set 3d renders design.
Box Set New Design - the price includes a completely new design of the box set front cover, a stock photo STANDARD license, new title design, a high-resolution JPEG file and a box set 3d renders design.
Dust Jacket - the price includes the dust jacket adaptation/design, inside flaps design, a high-resolution print-ready PDF file. The original design of the ebook/paperback print cover is used, adapted for text placement only. The template should be provided by the client.
Hardcover - the price includes the hardcover adaptation/design and a high-resolution print-ready PDF file. The original design of the ebook/paperback print cover is used and adapted for text placement only. The template should be provided by the client.
11. Other services include:
Fantasy Map Design - the price includes the fantasy map design, a stock photo STANDARD license and high-resolution JPEG (in color and B&W).
eBook / Paperback PSD file – the price includes PSD file with flattened art and separate editable text. PSD files can be ordered only if the client previously purchased eBook or paperback file. Price is per one PSD file.
12. It is possible to request for additional text changes and updates after the project is completed, confirmed by the client and final files are sent. The prices of these subsequent changes are listed on the PRICES section on our website.
13. If a client orders three or more book covers at the same time, a 10% discount applies on the total amount of the entire order for all our custom packages (EBOOK, EBOOK&PRINT, EBOOK+ANIMATION, EBOOK&PRINT+ANIMATION) and BOX SET NEW DESIGN package. The entire order also includes promo packages and add-ons if they are a part of this particular order and done within the same time frame. If the client wants to schedule multiple cover designs, we will offer the dates for sending a design proposal for each one of the covers. All covers should be done in a time span according to the agreed deadline so the discount can be approved. Work tempo is set in a way that at least two covers must be completed during one month. After the client confirms the design of the first book, we send the invoice for that first book. When the payment arrives, we send the final files of the first book. If the ordered covers are a part of a series, it is important that the first book is confirmed before we start working on sequels. The payment process for the remaining covers is the same as for the first book.
14. Regarding the custom design, once the client contacts us, we offer them the date of the arrival of the design proposal. After the client confirms the date (of the arrival of the design proposal), we will send a design brief questionnaire. The client is obliged to fill in the eBook design brief and to return it no later than seven business days before the agreed date of the arrival of the design proposal. If the client does not return the design brief questionnaire on time, we reserve the right to postpone the date of the arrival of the design proposal to the first available date according to our schedule. If the client does not return the design brief questionnaire on time, and does not respond to the messages, we reserve the right to postpone the date of the delivery of the design proposal or to decline to work further with the client. The client gets a low-resolution JPEG file (first draft) with our watermark on it. It serves only for the purpose of feedback, and it cannot be used by the client for any other purpose. If the client is not satisfied with the design concept, we will offer a new one, but we keep the right to ask the client to re-fill the design brief or send us certain guidelines. If the client rejects the whole concept for the second time, we will offer a new one. If the client rejects the third concept completely, it is up to us to decide whether we will offer a fourth concept or to decide to cancel the project. When the client accepts and confirms the design concept, we will work on revisions until he/she is completely satisfied. During revisions, if a client wishes to return to a previous concept, after having already accepted the new concept, additional costs may apply. Only when the eBook cover design is confirmed, we begin to work on the additional material.
15. If a client wants to purchase the premade cover, they need to send us their invoice email first so we can send them the invoice. The invoice payment deadline is two business days from the invoice delivery. If the client does not pay before the invoice deadline expires, we reserve the right to offer the premade cover to another interested client.
After the payment is confirmed, we will send the premade design brief questionnaire to the client. When the client sends us the completed premade design questionnaire, we will send them revised ebook file. The client gets a low-resolution JPEG file with our watermark on it. It serves only for the purpose of feedback, and it cannot be used by the client for any other purpose. After the client confirms all changes, we will send the final files within 3 business days. Please note that we don’t work on weekends. If the client does not have all the necessary ebook text information, premade can still be purchased and will be kept for the client until they send us the necessary ebook text information. Once the premade cover is purchased, it cannot be sold to any other author.
If the client wants additional changes on the premade ebook cover or additional material design, it is only possible after the client has ordered and paid for the aforementioned premade cover (ebook cover). All additional material and additional changes on the ebook premade cover are charged separately and will be charged once the client confirms the overall design of all files. When we receive the payment for additional changes/materials, we will send the final high-resolution files to the client within three business days (Monday-Friday). Please note that we don’t work on weekends.
16. Design drafts cannot be used by the client because they are not final products and are not included in the price. If a client wants to use them, they must buy them first.
17. After confirming the overall design for all the files the client has ordered, we will send an invoice for payment. We only accept payments via PayPal. After the payment is confirmed, we will send high-resolution and print-ready files, depending on the purchased package. The final payment is also the final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. In certain cases, we keep the right to send the invoice after the main custom design package is finished, and then to send the separate invoice for additional material the client has ordered it separately from our main custom design book cover packages.
18. After sending the final files to the client, they cannot return to drafts/design concepts which were previously rejected.
19. The final payment is also the final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated.
20. If the custom design or premade project is canceled by us or by the client for any reason, the client is obliged to delete all the files that have been provided to them by MoorBooks Design since they do not have the rights or permission to use them for any purposes. We reserve all design rights, which means we are allowed to use images or segments of our design which were created during the canceled project for other purposes (backgrounds, font style, stock photos, etc.). We will not use anything that may in a greater extent indicate to the client’s original story.
The deadline for canceling a slot is at least 14 days prior to the agreed date of the arrival of the design proposal.
21. If we estimate that the client is changing the same things over and over, and they are not sure what they want, or they do not understand how the revisions work after we explain it to them, and if we find that we cannot meet their requirements, we reserve the rights to cancel the project.
22. If the client does not respond to our messages for any reason during the design process and if one month has passed from the date when we had the last communication, we have the right to terminate the project and delete all the files related to the project or to use them for other design purposes. The client is expected to announce the temporary absence and to pay for the project in advance according to our prices if they want the project to be placed on hold until the absence is done.
23. If the client does not send the design brief in time or does not respond to messages, we have the right to cancel the project.
24. The client has the right to cancel the project whenever they want, without any fees. In such a scenario, MoorBooks Design keeps the right to ask for a non-refundable deposit if the same client wants to schedule a new date for a project.
25. If we decide that the client is not consistent enough in reporting and giving feedback about the project, we reserve the right to ask for the deposit of 50 % of the total amount, or full amount in advance in order to start or continue working on the project. This deposit/payment is non-refundable.
We reserve the right to ask a client for a deposit payment if they wish to schedule a new date for the project, in case the previous slot for the same client hasn't been canceled on time. Deposit is $100 and it is non-refundable if the client wants to cancel the project again, whatever the reason may be.
26. MoorBooks Design keeps the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be completed for a contracted service in the order specified in this agreement. The deadline for payment is 7 days, except for a premade covers where the deadline is two business days from the moment when the invoice is sent.
27. After the final payment is made, we guarantee the rights and license to the client for use of the final design and additional materials.
28. The client does not have the right to edit the final files we have provided, except for the size changes for the needs of the press or digital display. If the client wants to make changes to the final files after we have sent these files to them, they first must inform us and receive our consent. Additional costs may apply.
29. We reserve copyright and ownership for each design and draft material.
30. The client accepts and respects the terms of any licensed contract for images we have purchased through an independent image provider for design purposes.
31. If the author provides us with materials that are subject to intellectual property rights by a third party, the client must provide appropriate rights to use those materials, before they are forwarded to the designer to include them in the project. If there is a dispute over intellectual property related to these materials, the client is in full legal and financial responsibility.
32. The cost of the cover design includes the license to use the stock photos which are a part of the design, and it is limited to a print run of 500,000 units. For books with a print run over 500,000, additional licensing fees may apply. Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs, and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design.
33. We reserve the right to use the final book cover, additional material, author’s name and book title for our portfolio, as well as for promotional purposes on social media and our website.
34. MoorBooks Design requires cover design credit in the client’s book, on the back cover or on the copyright page as such: “Cover design by MoorBooks Design.”
35. Once the client approves a file, they agree that they are satisfied with it as it is, even if it includes errors or inconsistencies or any other defects whatsoever.
36. Anything not written in the brief and subsequently requested can be additionally charged. In the design brief, the client is required to check the accuracy of the text that will be used as a part of the design. We use the text in the design in the way the client has provided it to us, regardless of whether it was correct or not.
37. The client is fully responsible for distributing print-ready files to the printer. The client is fully responsible for obtaining a printed proof of their final print cover. It is suggested that the client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering many copies of the book. MoorBooks Design is not responsible for any problems, errors or losses of any kind (costs, fees or expenses) that may arise as a result of using the book cover design.
38. MoorBooks Design is not responsible for incidental, consequential, special, punitive, exemplary or indirect damages of any kind, including loss of business or reputation, loss of data, profits in any way related to our services.
39. Also, MoorBooks Design is not responsible for any claims, losses or injuries based on errors or any other inaccuracies that appear on our site or in our client’s written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
40. If the client purchases the premade cover, but do not have the necessary ebook text information at the moment of purchase, we are obliged to wait for the client until they collect the necessary ebook text information. After the files are stored, whether they be premade covers or any other unfinished projects which are stored for a long time period by our company, by completing the purchase, the client is aware and accepts the risk of potential data loss on our end for any reason since the necessary info hasn’t been provided on time so the files could be sent in a timely manner or the client has failed to fulfill their obligations which were necessary prior to sending the files. In such cases MoorBooks Design do not owe any compensation or further obligation to the client.
41. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions are included in this agreement, oral or written.
42. By contacting MoorBooks Design, the client accepts the terms and conditions above, as all the other information provided on our website, without the need for a signed agreement. It is considered that the client accepts the above terms and conditions, as all the other information provided on our website when contacting MoorBooks Design via our website or via e-mail address.
43. Modification of any provision of this agreement is invalid and is not enforceable unless it is confirmed in written and signed form by all parties by e-signature or on paper.
44. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be unenforceable or invalid shall not make other provisions unenforceable or invalid.